Thursday 1 April 2010

Thing 23 Final thoughts

Wow, I still can't believe I managed to get to the end! When I first started, it was with some trepidation. Part of the challenge for me was to be disciplined enough to do each challenge each week.
I have really enjoyed writing my blog, and although it's not mindblowing, it is an accurate record of what I have done.
So many of the tasks we have done show how these applications can be used to the advantages of both the Library and the reader, and I'm sure that the SSL will implement more of these in future.
My favourite bits have been creating my iGoogle page, and all the things associated with it, such as adding my delicious bookmarks, and the other gadgets, which included my google reader update, and twitter. I will definately keep my iGoogle page, as I use it all the time now. I also really enjoyed Flickr and Picnik, and will certainly continue to use Picnik for editing my photos. I discovered that you can upload photos directly from your computer, edit them and put them straight back, without using Flickr, so that is useful.
Personally, It was nice to have the course studded with a few familiar tasks, such as using Facebook, so at least I had a bit of knowledge of something already.
Perhaps the least useful bit was using LinkedIn. For someone of my status, it wasn't a valuable tool, but I could see how it would be valuable to others.
What has been really lovely is that lots of my colleagues have done 23 things, so we have been able to support and help eachother if got stuck. I am so pleased I took the time to do this and look forward to using many things I have learnt.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing, Emma! Glad to hear you've enjoyed it - I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of it for the SSL now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma, glad you made it! We can celebrate now!

    ReplyDelete