Monday 1 March 2010

Thing 14 LinkedIn

Well, I had a look at this and I seem to remember an old colleague of mine inviting me to join him on LinkedIn, and I ignored his request as it looked way too high powered for me. Having had a better look, I can imagine it would be useful if you were needing to network, or are wanting a new job, and some of the company information is interesting (I looked at the ALA and the OCLC company profile). Otherwise, I can't really see it being used by readers as an everyday tool. I can see why people would want a profile on both LinkedIn and Facebook- there are things you would put on Facebook you may not want a prospective employer to see, so having a professional profile would certainly put your edited, professional self out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment