Thursday 25 March 2010

Thing 19 Create a google document



How great is this! The tool is very intuitive, and and despite a minor hiccup, when it said I couldn't share my document once I had logged in again, it saved with no problems. I had been aware of cloud technology in the way of something called zumodrive, but I hadn't used it myself. In this task, I created a flyer for my toddler groups teddy bears picnic, even importing a picture from my desktop, and emailed it to my colleagues. I then created a form asking which sandwiches, biscuits and crisps they would like to eat at a picnic. I even chose a picnic theme for the questionnaire. I like the way it uses all the tools you would use in Word, so everything was so familiar. Even the form was fairly easy to do. The only criticism I had was that if google docs is open, everything else I typed elswhere came out ever so slowly!
Otherwise, fab!
I can certainly see how this would benefit students working on a document together, they needn't be in the same country. The form would be useful to both staff and students I think, as we are always sending out questionnaires. What an easy way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment