Tuesday 16 March 2010

Thing 18. Wikipedia

I'm a big fan of Wikipedia, and I admit to using it all the time, especially for filling in the vast gaps in my geographical knowledge. I'm aware of its flaws and the fact that not everything posted on there is 100% accurate, but usually for my requirements, it does the job. I had a look at the entry on Wikipedia itself, and at the discussion page on its reliability, which was interesting to read. I then had a look at the entry on senses as it is my daughter's school topic this term. I discovered at least 10 on there- as opposed to the traditional 5, so I might have to leave a few out so as not to complicate things! I decided I don't know enough about anything to edit an entry myself, so I was content just to have good hunt around for interesting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment